Information You Voluntarily Provide MWA
You may use the Site anonymously without providing MWA with any information about yourself.
MWA only collects personally identifiable information that you voluntarily provide, such as: (i) when you request MWA to contact you by providing your name and email address through the “Contact Us” tab on the Site, (ii) when you provide your name and email address to register on the Site for certain events hosted by MWA, or (iii) in connection with other activities, services, features or resources MWA makes available on the Site from time to time. Users may decline to supply personally identifiable information, however this may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities or utilizing certain resources on the Site.
Other Information MWA Collects
When you visit the Site, MWA may collect some information about your visit using cookies (see below), log analysis software and other aggregate tracking technologies. This would include information relating to how you use the Site, including whether you visit certain areas of the Site or whether you click through to an article, download a white paper or view a video, and may also include technical information including the browser name, the type of computer and other information about the User’s means of connecting to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
The Site may use “cookies” to enhance User experience. A User’s web browser places cookies on their hard drive for record-keeping purposes and sometimes to track information about them. You may modify your browser settings to control the collection of cookies. However, if you refuse to accept cookies, if the Site utilizes cookies in the future, you may not be able to access some pages or use some of the functions of the Site. Some cookie files remain on your computer’s hard drive unless and until you manually delete the file.
How MWA Uses the Information it Collects
MWA may use your information, including personally identifiable information, for business purposes including, without limitation, the following:
- To improve the quality of your Site visit and to personalize your Site visit.
- To send marketing communications, emails, newsletters, and other information that you have requested, opted-in to or otherwise agreed to receive.
Also, MWA may use your information, including personally identifiable information, as follows:
- MWA may contract with other companies and individuals to perform functions or services on its behalf, such as hosting and maintaining the Site, payment processing, database storage and management, sending email messages and informational newsletters and administering surveys. These service providers may have access to your personally identifiable information, such as your email address, needed to perform their functions, but are restricted from using it for purposes other than providing services for MWA.
- MWA may share any information you submit to MWA when MWA has your consent to do so, or when MWA needs to share the information in order to provide the information or service you requested.
- MWA may use your information to monitor how visitors are using our site.
- MWA may use your information to contact you regarding a promotion or survey.
- MWA may use your information to uncover and diagnose problems with the Site and servers and for day-to-day system administration needs.
The information you voluntarily provide MWA through use of this Site will be stored on a server located at the offices of an MWA service provider . MWA follows generally accepted industry standards to protect your personally identifiable information, both during transmission and once MWA receives it, including the use of firewalls and other Internet security measures. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure, and MWA cannot guarantee its absolute security. Accordingly, MWA expressly disclaims any such obligation.
Third Party Websites
Users may find advertising or other content on the Site that link to the sites and services of MWA’s partners, suppliers and other third parties. MWA does not control the content or links that appear on these sites and is not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from the Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to the Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Notice to EU Residents
If MWA receives information from a resident of the European Union (“EU”), MWA will comply with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). The GDPR provides EU residents with certain rights related to the personal information they have provided to MWA or MWA has collected through their use of the Site. Specifically, EU residents should be aware of the following:
- MWA will not use your data in connection with any automated decision-making process or for any profiling purpose.
- You have the right to request a copy of the personal information MWA holds about you.
- You have the right to request that we correct or update your personal information if it is incorrect.
- You have the right to request that MWA delete your personal information, if any, from MWA servers.
- You have the right to opt out of certain uses of your personal information, including use of that information for direct marketing purposes.
Residents of the EU should make any of the requests described above to email@example.com.
Your Acceptance of These Terms